Friday, July 29, 2011

Staff Of Worms Is Mine

My journey begins from the IC. My target, the evil Mannimarco, resides deep within in a necromancers cave set in the icy cold Jerall Mountains, so that's my destination. Almost too soon I came accross a strange sight that unsettled me. The sight of a sheep walking up the road. This was strange because sheep aren't native to this area and aren't supposed to be here. They mostly reside in the west part of Cyrodiil, in Skingrad and onwards. To see one here was strange indeed, even more so to see one on the road to Bruma! The sheep was also glitching. You can't really see it in this picture, but it was shaking a lot (like stuttering or something) and its front legs continually were imbedded in the ground. I immediately became unsettled at the sight because I had to wonder if my game was about to crash or something.. When nothing happened for a minute, I cautiously passed the sheep and moved on.



My next interesting sight braught me to a large fight between a traveler, bandit and another guy. I  couldn't tell who is who and I still don't remember. The bandit did lose and is left dead on the road. As you can see Val, as usual, just couldn't stand by and watch but had to get involved.



I stopped briefly in Bruma to deliver a package at the expensive inn there. I had been trying out my hand at being a delivery person in between cities just to see how it goes. After I continued on into the snowy mountains I finally reached the entrance to the cave. A corpse pinned to the stone and some skulls speared outside the cave marked it typically as a necromancers hideout. I hesitated briefly before turning to Val, asking if he was ready, and then heading in with a big breath.



This is what Val looks like now. He got a new, better, helmate (by one point) and a new blade. I wanted to show off his extra awesome Alyeid scimitar! The blue parts are crystals that glow. He looks ready to me!

As suspected the going was tough and Val and I died a few times, luckily I learned from my last death experiences to take things slow and in doing so my number of deaths was far less. Val followed my steps and I tried very hard to work closely together with him, in stead of yelling at him all the time when he got in the way of my lightening blasts. Here Val and I share a moment of raising our health with some spells. The picture looks cool though because it looks like we're sharing some sort of magic.
Val's got his game face on again. I love when he does that!



I was surprised to find that a magical staff one of the necromancers had was better than mine! While my mages staff has a blast of 60 damage, this staff has one of about 80. I picked it up, looked at it and decided to keep it. Unfortunately most of its magic was used up, I will have to recharge it later before I can get any good use from it. If its charge lasts for quite a while it just may replace my mages staff. The look kind of turns me off from it though. The red spikes and floating skulls that rotate around it are not very attractive.



Yep, this is a necromancers lair all right! Hanging corpses everywhere.

Suddenly from the dark came a flesh creature! One just like I'd seen in the last dungeon i'd been to, only this one was alive! And charging me! I quickly stumbled backward out of its reach as it came straight toward me, Val rushed in and attacked in my place, drawing it's attention away. In the mean time and in between fireing my staff I was intrigued at the construction of such a thing!
It is ugly though..



After a very long journey deeper and deeper through the caves, never knowing if another tough necromancer is going to rush out of the shadows to kill me, I had the first sight of Mannimarco's hangout. Giant boney protrusions came out of the ground framing the thin bridge to his main spot. They were intimidating indeed, but also interesting. They didn't stop me from walking accross. I have to admit, even though I'd done this before I was nervous. I had chosen to do the knights of the nine quest first last time and so I was stronger back then than I am now.. so I didn't know how tough he would be for me.




And there he stood..a silhouette in the distance. The first time I ever saw him I expected something extremely different. I expected some sort of evil demon-ish incarnation.. but he is just a man! He's not even immortal! He paralyzed me while he spoke to me, offering me life in return for allowing him to continue doing what it is he enjoys to do, necromancy. Of course I refused, I want that staff! I also didn't appreciate him torching my friends in the Bruma mages guild and terrorizing that poor invisible khajiit. He spat his usual "i'll make you my worm thrall" thing then charged.


The fight did last quite a while I must say, he was a bit stronger than last time. However, after almost getting killed by him twice, my summoned skeleton and my helper, Val, managed to beat him!
The mighty Mannimarco.. lays dead on the ground.

And now.... the staff of worms is mine! MUAHAHAHA!
Ugly thing, I know. It certaintly grosses me out. But it's not for it's looks that i'm wielding it! MUAHAHAHA! .....Hey, I think my boobs got bigger since last time...

My first victim...! Well, let's just give Mannimarco a taste of his own medicine, it's only fair after all.

Muahahaha! I'll worm thrall you!

And again!



And again!

All you people who tried to kill me! Muahahahaha! Get what you deserve! Who's got the tables turned on them now!!

..
..
aaannd.. that was fun. Next!
I tucked my staff of worms into my inventory and looked at my diary to see what was on my agenda next. Well, there's that matter of the flowers I need to collect for the druid god. I got another request from them a little while ago, and it only grows in the mountains so I might as well take care of that business while i'm here. I searched around the area for some flowers, picked the right ones (milk thistle) and decided to teleport myself to the temple and back. I did so, and got this as a reward after offering up the milk thistels.
Yay!

The End

No, really.. i'm going to join the fighters guild next!

No comments:

Post a Comment