Wednesday, July 6, 2011

First Task For The Arcane University

Well I got my mages staff. Here is me posing with my new main weapon. I plan on still keeping my sword "goddess Victory" when my staff runs out of charge. Once again I chose to get a lightening staff since it's my favorite!

My first task given to me by the arch mage of the Arcane University was to retrieve a book from the count of Skingrad. Val and I got up early the next morning and set off on a very VERY stormy day to Skingrad. Our trip for the most part was uneventful. Along the way I stopped so that we could kill a boar for some meat.

When we arrived I went to the castle and met with the counts assistant, or advisor or whatever he was... who said to come back tomorrow. Well I didn't want to wait.. so I decided to snoop around the castle where I don't belong. I slipped on my invisibility ring (The Hobbit anyone?) which I very rarely use and began snooping. I found most doors locked beyond my ability to get in, and I don't have any lock picks handy. I do have one unlock easy lock spell and one unlock very easy lock spell. There are no very easy locks in the castle though. I decided to stand around and practice with my very easy spell on a single door so I can get my alteration magic up. It worked and in a short amount of time I had aquired enough skill to now be able to use my unlock easy lock spell. The rest of the night was snooping around in rooms that were already open. There was only 1 unlock easy door that I could use my spell on. Unfortunately it didn't hold any great treasures.

I gently snooped in and out of rooms and past sleeping guards and castle employees.
While I was very disappointed that such a large and luxurious castle didn't have anything of value laying around, not even something over 50 septims, I was thrilled to find a bounty of food! I gasped at the amount in store rooms, and greedily hoarded as much as I could find! Then I came upon the famous dining hall! My breath caught in my throat when I saw the spread layed out before me! Nobody was around, it was all mine for the taking! So... I loaded up of course!


Well, with myself unable to find the count (whom I was originally snooping around the castle for in the first place) I had no choice but to wait. When I was done looting the castle of what I could get in to I waited for the next day to come. When it finally did I met with the advisor guy thingy once again and he said the count would meet me in the middle of the night in a field near by... seems odd but whatever. I shrugged half heartedly and waited some more for that time to come.

On the way out of the castle grounds I was suddenly surprised and gasped out loud when a giant bolt of lightening came out of nowhere and hit me to the ground! "What the?!...." Then I got some messages from the game:
Apparently I had a vision.. Funny how it comes in a bolt of lightening that makes your heart stop..*grumble* The bottom message came first, then the top.


Well to make a long story short, when the time did come I finally met the count, but not before I realized the advisor had set me up with some necromancers in an attempt to kill me and val. He didn't have a chance of succeeding against both Val and I, but the battle was very harsh. Like when I got the wood for my mages staff the whole thing was basically me running in circles, occasionally casting a bolt when I could at a necormancer while Val did most of the fighting behind me. (I have got to get better at this!). We were saved by the count in the end and he seemed like a nice fellow if not somewhat annoyed.

For some reason.. our next stop is in Anvil to tell somebody this news.. I dunno why I'm not just supposed to go back to the Arch Mage in IC. Or maybe I'll just follow my vision and see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment