Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Last Short Task

On the way back to the IC I decided to stop and snap a picture of how Val is looking now.

I paused in the IC to shed some of my loot, selling it for an awesome amount of gold. In the mean time Val had this to say to me.


Then I continued to the arch mage and handed over the artifacts he requested of me. He was all to happy to have them back, then gave me the next task.

So Val and I set out in the direction of Silorn. On the way I decided to stop by my druids tree home and unload some things I wanted to put away and keep, but wearn't necessarily helpful to always be carrying with me. Among those things was the bouquet of flowers Val had given me. I was interested to see what they actually looked like. Here they are:
I was at least expecting a vase or something.. Ohwell, they're pretty anyway.

I didn't take any pictures of Silorn because it was pretty routine and nothing special happened. There were tons of necromancers inside and they were all extremely tough to beat. I died many times, but learned from each death how to better prepare myself in battle. While dieing all the time is frustrating, I like to take it as a fun challenge and learn from my mistakes. In the end I killed the boss of the ruins, a tough necromancer, and took from him what I was meant to, then returned it to arch mage Traven.
Traven told me this:
So Traven had finally had enough huh? Didn't want to play games any more? Why didn't he just tell me to do this in the first place? After giving me my instructions, suddenly Traven was dead in a poof of magical light!
From his body I stripped the gem from him. My next task, not taken very lightly at all, is to go kill Mannimarco... and claim his staff!... MUAHAHAHAHA!

When I first did this quest in my last incarnation I full'ly did not expect Traven to up and die like that. He had given his life, put his soul in to the gem, so that all of the mages guild could have a future and so that I could kill Mannimarco. I was forever indebted to him and highly appreciate what he does. No more will I join in the scoffings and joking sneers when hearing others talk about how Traven was too tough on the mages guild by banning necromancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment