Saturday, July 2, 2011

Of Staves and Men

When we arrived at the Imperial City I turned around to look at whence we came and saw a beautiful sight. The view was wonderful. Thought i'd share it.

Val had expressed his desire to walk around the waterfront the next time we were here, so I abliged him and took a stroll down the waterfront with him. He didn't say or do anything though, which kind of makes me wonder if he really wanted to go. Then the next stop was to the skooma dealer Shady Sam. To be fair he isn't really a skooma dealer. He deals in all poisons of a "shady" affair, that's why they call him Shady Sam the poison master. From him I bought 5 skooma, three mandrake root (cures diseases) and passed val a couple since he had another one. Then we went to the local temple to heal myself of my own disease that I had probably caught from Val.

Only then did we go to our main destination, the famous Arcane University! The place is very large with several buildings all walled in and gated, permitting no entrance except to its own kind. I checked in with the arch mage and he congratulated me for reaching apprentice status. He then gave me the task of fetching the wood for my very own staff. So this I did..with some effort.

It is naught but  a quick trip through a short cave to the other side where a grove resides. It wasn't as easy as it was meant to be though. Entering I was immediately presented with the dead body of the woman who was supposed to help me. Further inspection through the cave resulted in a small fight with a dark mage and another body of a second mage, obviously to disease. When we exited the cave I wasn't prepared for what I found.

Immediately upon exiting we were approached by a dark mage who taunted us with a death threat and a fight ensued. To make a long story short I died at her hands. Val and I both began to hack and slash at her but I was met with death twice from this. A third reload of the saved game and another death revealed a second mage hidden near by that had ganged up on us. By this time I was panting from the effort already put forth and a little irked. "Ok Val, This time you take care of this one and I'll get that one!" I was actually talking to my companion out loud I was so serious about this :P
That didn't work either. I was being slaughtered and turned around only to be met by death and wondering "where's val?! You're supposed to be my backup!" but he had been slewn before me. Turns out his disease which he had not yet cured was making him weaker. "Ok val, i'll summon nightmare!" (the dark version of my tricorn) so we charged out into the grove again with weapons brandished and war cries yelled! I cast my summon spell and summoned my great dark beast nightmare! Then I strategically ran in circles while throwing an occasional blow to a dark mage with my sword while Val bravely fought the first dark mage behind me. This continued on for several minutes, me not really having a set plan other than run in circles and cast a blow when you can fit one in while Val takes care of the rest.... until finally all of the dark mages were dead! I turned around... to find nightmare had done absolutely nothing and Val was once again badly unconcious, I had probly been doing all the work myself *grumble*. Well... at least i'm still alive.
Unconcious val, nightmare in the background who was useless "good for nothing..." and another dead mage whom was supposed to help me fetch my staff but was killed before I got there.

I quickly fetched the wood for my staff, dragged Val's body with me and returned to the imperial city. While my staff was being worked on I decided to spend time gathering much needed herbal ingredients from the Arcane University garden. The garden there is abundant with almost every type you can imagine!

The next day my staff was finished! I had it imbued with the ability to strike with lightening! I love lightening. Next stop: Arch mage!

No comments:

Post a Comment