Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Vision Realized

Well I decided to follow my vision and see where it took me. The idea of going to Anvil just to tell someone what happened in Skingrad when I should be going back to the Arcane University seemed really annoying to me, to be honest. The travel to the mountains was actually more of a journey, it took forever, but was well worth it. I thought i'd be going somewhere near Bruma, but in fact it was far east of bruma in the Jerall Mountains. First thing I noticed when I started up my game, though, was that my staff looks different. I don't quite know what caused it.. This is what it looks like now:
It's pretty though. I don't mind the change. When I noticed it I turned the staff around in my hand and thought "huh.. look at that..".

On the way, I stopped at the Imperial City to catch up with Shady Sam for five more skooma. I'm starting to run low. On the way I walked through the slums of the city settled just outside the gates. It's actually quite quaint and peaceful there... except oddly enough I found myself walking among a lot of seemingly peaceful goblins..

The rest of the trip into the mountains was pretty peaceful too, even though it was long. I had a good time with Val walking beside me. The view was gorgeous too.

When I finally arrived at the spot... I found this:
A pedestal to place the mushroom offering that was asked of me. So I did. I heard the grind of stone and the door nearby unlocked.
I stopped for a moment to admire the statues on top of the door. A bird and a cat.

Inside Val and I emerged into a large, long tunnel. I immediately went into sneak mode just in case there was anything bad inside. My experience has been caves are always hiding bad enemies. I traveled down the tunnel, and down the tunnel... and down... and down... and down... and down... and down.... it seemed to go on forever, eventually I got fed up with it and just stood up straight, deciding to walk the rest of the way. It's much faster!
Even at this faster walking pace the tunnel seemed to go on forever! I mean we must be a mile under the ground by now! Hours seemed to pass, and my posture slouched and I whined impatiently as I walked.
Then, finally, a light at the end of the tunnel. I nearly fell over with relief when I saw it!
The light was a ghostly, pretty, blue. I was almost immediately mesmorized by it, I love that color! Still, this is a new invironment i'm going in to so I was cautious as I approached the end of the tunnel... But the closer I got to it, the more mesmorized I became. As the opening widened allowing me more of a view of the room beyond that opening my mesmorization gradually changed to open mouthed awe!

The cavern was beautiful with a faint blue, glowing mist decorating the area around me, and there were spirit animals gracing the cavern with a very graceful, silent presence. It was almost as if they were so graceful and serene that they created their own heavenly song that you couldn't hear with your physical ears. As I slowly stepped forward into the cavern a spirit bird swooped silently past me.
I could swear it was looking right at me a second before.

Val and I slowly continued through the cavern, past the animals never being able to take our eyes off them along the way, and eventually submerged ourselves into long stone tunnels. These curled and straightened, lead up and down stone steps.. finally emerging into another room. We were now high up and I looked over the banister to see the giant room we circled. It was breath taking!
There is a beautiful garden down there lighted with faint blue crystals and decorated with large, beautiful statues!
The passage way lead us down some winding steps in to this room.
I recieved these messages:
The top message is the one I recieved when I entered this garden room. The ones below it I recieved earlier.
I then recieved this message:
Yay.. new powers! Little did I know that wasn't the only nor the greatest one I would recieve here.

I began exploring, as anyone would in this situation, admiring and enjoying the beauty of the place. Eventually I walked up to the two large statues one at a time and saw each had offerings to me on them. Each had their own version of druidic armor and weapons. None of them were as good as what I currently own though. There was one leather armor that was better than what Valtierro had on, though, so I gave it to him.
Val looks happy with it.
In front of each statue was a pedestal for offerings. Unfortunately I had nothing to offer the god statue, but when I approached the pedestal in front of the animal statues to my surprise I had the lamb offering that it accepted! Soon as I layed it down I got another message:
The bottom one came first, then the top. So.. apparently I now have the ability to transform in to a stag! Yay! I jumped for joy! I couldn't wait to try out this new ability!
So I did right away! Why not? Might as well get accustomed to this ability and learn how to use it well before I decide to try during battle and make a horrible mistake.
*poof*
Annnd i'm a deer! :D

I was so excited! I galloped and walked around for a minute or so.. then realized I don't know how to change back. I found out I can't use my magic when i'm a deer... so.... great... Val just watched me, also looking a little confused, and awkward. I looked at him... then looked around.. well we can't just stay here all day. Not knowing how to change back I decided we better get out of here. I began walking back through the stone tunnel with val following behind me and have to admit we looked a little rediculas. My partner, Val, a great warrior, following a deer and doing what ever the deer says.
I could just picture us fighting a great battle together this way.. me poking enemies in the butts with my antlers while Val much more heorically slashed others in half with his sword... then me accepting a cash reward for defeating the horrible enemies by taking the pouch of septims from the greatful party in my deer mouth..

Well fortunately I wouldn't have to do that. I walked to the little rest area where mats and stools were layed out neatly around a fire, that we had passed on the way to the garden room, and decided that Val and I should have a rest. When I clicked on the mat to crawl in and sleep for an hour or two I magically changed back in to my old self! "well, that's handy."
After the rest, I happily hurried back out of the caverns..cave.. whatever that was, with my new found powers! This will come in handy plenty of times in the future!.... I think..
*scratches her head, wondering how being a deer will help her fight enemies*

No comments:

Post a Comment