Friday, July 22, 2011

The Nightmare Continues

With the nightshade taken care of I only had a few more things to get, and they'd all be very easy because they could be found in Skingrad. With the count being a vampire and the cities previous encounters with vampires nearly every house and establishment in Skingrad had plenty of garlic inside. Even so, though it didn't take long, I was still left running from house to house all over town from one side to the other and back several times just to find enough of it. It happened to be the dead of night when I arrived in Skingrad so all of my hunting was done in peace and in the dark. No one was awake to wonder what I was doing or even know what was going on in their houses without them knowing it.

I broke the only two lockpicks I had on a medium diffiicultied lock and had no more left so I was left with the ability to only enter those houses that were locked with easy difficulty. I used my open lock spell to unlock the doors before slipping in. I tell you, watching my hand reach out to the door with pointy finger nails was fitting in my current condition. During rooting hastily through one of the basements Val turned to me and commented:
I am always amused by things he has to say.

After gathering enough garlic it was about five in the morning or so and I decided I wanted to rest. My next task was to find an Argonian to stab with this knife so I can get some of his or her blood. To do this I would need the citizens of the city to be out and about since I can't get in to their locked houses while they sleep and they don't wake up until morning. I spent the rest of the night sleeping at the local inn. I awoke to another dream.
I rubbed my eyes, contemplating the dream while I made my way to the door and outside. I was accosted by intense sunlight! and recoiled, feeling a twinge of mild pain shudder through my body. It only lasted a second though, and was followed by the sensation of hunger. I suddenly realized, then, that I had spent all last night hunting garlic and was so focused on that I had forgotten to feed myself. Now I was paying the price with increased sensitivities. I knew it will get worse if I didn't do something about it, but I can only feed on sleeping victims, so I would have to wait till tonight and make do till then.
Blinking a lot and wincing as I walked with unsure steps like one does when someone turns on your bedroom light suddenly when you were asleep, I walked down the windy road in search for a wandering argonian. I didn't find any to my utter surprise and dismay! But I knew for sure where there would be one! In the castle! The count's assistant is an argonian, i'm sure we're close enough friends that she'd forgive me if I cut her just a little.. On my way to the castle I hear a comment from someone as i'm passing by:
Yeah, yeah... I'm starting to get used to these comments by now..
I became aware of another brief shudder of mild pain through my body.

I entered the castle grounds and shielded my eyes suddenly, it was getting worse! Even my real life eyes were starting to water from the computer screen and I was blinking a lot to keep my eyes from watering too much! I stumbled to a stop while I shileded and rubbed my eyes..
The sun glare was intense and getting worse. I quickly ducked in to the castle.
Inside I walked casually over to the count's assistant, she was in her usual place, and without a word I poked her with the knife quite efficiently. She gasped, jumping back suddenly and yelled "What is this?!" then ran off. I do hope she forgives me. I hurried back outside.

Once out, I met Val again who was waiting for me and suddenly became aware of a sizzling smell. I sniffed the air a couple of times, looked to my right and sniffed again, then looked down at myself..(in reality I cant smell anything cus its a game, but I did look around my immediate sorroundings by turning my camera to see what could be making the sensation)
I suddenly realized it was me. I was burning in the sunlight! You can't really see it in this picture, though I tried to capture it.. but there is smoke comming off of me. In the game you can see it like steam, though not very thick. I suddenly decided it would be a good idea to get out of the sun!
I really don't want to be a typical vampire and sleep all day.. that's really uncool because it's be over done in my opinion.. but now I know why it is so.. I can't really help it! With myself unable to do anything in the sunlight I had nothing more to do until nightfall so I ran back to the nearest inn, used my vampire charm to convince the inn keeper to give me a room for free, then headed upstairs to my room. On the way I saw a man standing by himself, I approached to see what he was doing, just curious, and was met with this :

Now, I don't know if he said that because he's just a jerk, or because i'm a vampire.. but I assumed the latter for safeties sake and hurried off to my room.

When night finally fell I emerged full'ly rested and regenerated! I stepped in to the cool night air and inahled deeply a breath of fresh air! It felt good! With the garlic and argonian blood as well as bloodgrass (which I simply bought in the alchemy shop in town during the day) all I needed now was the ashes of a powerful vampire. So that's my next stop. But before I go I better take care of this hungry thing before my weaknesses become even worse.
I snuck in to the first house I could and fed on a sleeping man.
'Nother unnecessary picture but meh.

Then headed off to the very east of Cyrodiil.
The ride there was very peaceful, with the few exceptions of bandits I scared off with a simple snear, and took all night. When I came close to the cave housing the vampire, the sun was rising and I was awed by the sight.
Val kept' pushing me from behind so the picture wasn't as good as what I actually saw, it's all I could manage with Val constantly moving my camera.

Inside the cave, it was mostly deserted, creepily so in fact. The first thing I saw was a corpse pinned up to a stone:
No vampire I know does that... What is this guy?... I got the creeps because this place resembles more a torture sight or maybe a devil worshipping sacraficial place or something... eugh..


A little further into the cave I found a small room with a dead body on the floor. As I looked closer I realized it's neither a dead body nor a corpse. It's a body sewed together from many different skins.. or something, yuck.
Definately first time i've seen one though.

There were a couple low level vampires on the way that Val and I had to take care of. Val got some nice armor from it and this is what he looks like now:
Grrr! Val is looking extra tough with that stance! Rar!
Here are some more sights from my trip through the cave, to give you a little more of an idea what it was like to me. The further I went the more creeped out I got because it made the powerful vampire look more like a satan.



In the very last room was my target! I approached only to find.... he was already dead! D: Aww.. I didn't even get a cool fight or anything.
Ohwell, makes it easy for me! I took ashes from him and left.
*mumbles* "Powerful vampire my anus....Didn't even have to do anything.."

When I arrived back at the witches cottage I handed her all of my gathered ingredients. She replied with "He's destroyed?!"
 Heh heh... She didn't know he was already dead when I got there... but meh, i'll just let her believe i'm super powerful. I probably could have killed him myself anyway.


Twenty four hours?! AWwww... Then she turned around, walked to her fireplace and disappeared with a door sound "what the..." I traced her footsteps to the fireplace and arched a brow "there's no door here..." turned in a circle looking at the floor, confused. Scratched my head... Then remembered I had a vampire sight ability. I used it and found a trap door IN her fireplace.
Cleaver... I probably wasn't supposed to be down there but curiosity got the best of me again and I went.

 In the long tunnel I saw a cage.. "what's she need a cage for?"


A coffin?? bones? Exactly what kind of woman is this... what's she doing with all this ? Creep factor rising..

I emerged in to a room, the same one she was in and shuddered at the sight.
OK i'm not creeped out by skeletons and bones. They're everywhere.. but one that looked like it was once a person trapped in a cage in HER basement?! What was she doing, torturing people down here? I felt sorry for him, then quickly left before I got in trouble.

One thing I didn't mention or get a picture of but think is interesting in furthering the evolution of Val's personality is: When Val and I first entered the powerful vampires cave he made a move on me, which is to say he got behind me and tried to massage my shoulders. I say tried because I quickly began smacking him with my leather sack of gold septims  saying "What you..?! What.. get off me! Get off me!"   *val*"ow! Hey! wai... OW! Stop it!" Of all the times he decides to become romantic! In a powerful vampire cave filled with corpses ?! Really?!

No comments:

Post a Comment