Friday, July 8, 2011

Oblivious Adventures

The sun was setting when Val and I set off to make our way down through the mountains. I knew the journey would be a very long one and there would be no place to stop and sleep along the way, and we'd be traveling through the dark so I decided to take it at a relaxed pace and walk on my tricorn the whole way and enjoy the scenery. I always do love the view from high up in the mountains.

I soon unexpectedly came upon a tiny settlement of a chapel of some kind and a small dwelling.
The weather had grown cold and stormy (as stormy as it can be in the winter) and snow had been falling since we left the druidic place so the scene was quite serene and surreal when I curiously made my way there. This picture does not do it justice for how it looked.

I tried the door on the settlement first, thinking it would be more polite to talk to the people who lived here than to just go barging in to buildings.. but it was locked. I'm not surprised since it's so late at night, everyone has probably closed everything for the night and gone to bed. I tried the chapel, it too was locked. I couldn't even get into the building that lead to the crypts.. I wouldn't want to sleep in there but would if I had no other option. I walked my tricorn around the place once while deciding what to do. I really wanted to sleep this night but not out in the cold. Eventually I came to the decision to cuddle up with my tricorn and Val behind the dwelling against some tall grasses and sleep. (Of course the game doesn't allow this, but I pretended to do it while "waiting" for a few hours).

I awoke before anybody else was up (Not including Val) when the sun had just risen and the crisp chill of the air still froze your lungs with each breath. With a shiver I walked around the dwelling to try the door again, still locked. That's how I knew nobody was awake. I leaned against the stone walls of the dwelling and waited for about three hours (really, there's nothing else to do.) for someone to FINALLY come out. I spoke with him eagerly but he didn't seem to have much to say. After I buttered him up with highly skilled speechcraft he went into the large chapel just up the steps. Needless to say I was very disappointed there was nothing more interesting that he had to say but I followed to find he had kept the door locked behind him. Grumbling to myself about rude people I waited another couple hours, until finally I found the dwelling was unlocked. I helped myself in to find very simple humble means with nothing worth taking inside... not that I would. There was plenty of food but I didn't want to steal from respectable monks.

Inside the chapel the three monks were kneeled in front of a large statue praying. There was a book on the pedestal in front of them, so curiously I just marched right between them and read it. It's pretty interesting! This is the first two pages:
So apparently this is the order of the ancestor moths, moths are very sacred to them and they believe they are ancestors. They also believe they alone are gifted the wisdom of the elder scrolls. The continuing pages go on to describe how the monk that reads the scrolls gradually becomes blind, and then is taken care of by others while he holds the knowledge of what he read. Well it's all well and interesting, but I think it's time for Val and I to get going.

Here is one of the many beautiful views on our way down the mountain:

Along the way I happened to be confronted by a bandit. I didn't really feel like killing people so I was avoiding stumbling in to their camps.. but this guy just wouldn't let me avoid him. So Val and I had to kill him and then I looted his body. I took the most valuable armor, which unfortunately for him was most of it.
And yes he is anatomically correct. I spared you the ugly of his wiener by keeping the picture small, but I wanted to show proof. I didn't choose to undress him to nudity, I took his clothes because they were worth over a hundred septims! I swear!


Here... here is another pretty picture to clense your eyes from the last:

When I reached the AU I spoke with the arch mage and he gave me the quest of checking up on a couple of mages in a near by cave leading to alyied ruins. I didn't take any pictures of my adventures here because it was pretty straight forward and I was able to get through it quick. There was a noteworthy adventure though. Basically the two mages there researching the ruins and hoping to learn from them were stuck. They didn't know how to get into this room so.. without spoiling you future adventurers out there.. I helped them by figuring it out, opening the room and going in.

There were your usual floors dropping to a spike filled pit below that I avoided.. and the unexpected opposite which is floor suddenly smashing into a spike filled cealing which I accidentally was a victim of but survived thanks to my wonderful reflexes to jump backwards when taken by surprise (the spikes whisked in front of me again, nearly missing my chest). Val... I don't know HOW you survived that simply by remaining in a crouched sneak stance in the middle of those spikes... *grumbles* Crazy fool.

There were no enemies until the very end. A solved puzzel revealed some steps leading to my prize, a "special" helmate of some kind. I don't know what was so special about it.. it looked ugly, had no enchantments and only a protection armor rating of 2.. Oh well, lucky for the researchers then. If it had been much better then they would not have recieved it from me like they wanted. >:D
When I was up on the high platform picking the helmate off it's stand though, I heard a rukkus and leaned over the edge of the platform to peer down curiously at what it was.. A hoard of skeletons had rushed in and attacked! I watched as Val rushed forth to meet them and dance with them in that deadly way he does. "Good Val, You fight them.. i'll just... go, over, here..." I said to myself as I skillfully lept off the platform allllll the way to the floor without using the steps, took one look back at the fighting, mobbed Val, and hurried back down the tunnel the way I came like a snake. Really I felt bad for Val, really I did.. but I just didn't want to stay and fight a hoard of skeletons for something not even worth my time.
It was only after I ran through a couple of doors quite a ways from the platform room I got the helmate in that Val suddenly realized I was missing and followed! I had to chuckle to myself as, hearing the familiar sound of Val's loud armor behind me, I turned to find he'd rushed through the door panting heavily and out of breath. I could just picture him panting heavily leaning his hands on his knees all bent over and leaning against the door he'd slammed shut behind him upon entering... and speaking out of breath too  "Where did you go?!".  I gave the helmate to the thankful researchers. My next stop is the IC again so I can tell the arch mage what happened.

I'll do my best to remember to take a picture of my stats next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment