Monday, July 18, 2011

BS'ing Around Gone Wrong

On the way from Skingrad to the Imperial City I came accross the aftermath of what once must have been a fight. There was a bandit and two travelers strewn out on the ground dead. Interested, of course I stopped to see if there was anything on the corpses I could loot. There were a few things, nothing too spectacular, so I took them!

Val got some nice armor from the deal, too! Smile for the camera Val!


A little further down the road I found a lone figure standing mysteriously in the road, so I stopped to talk with him.
It's the famed M'aiq! Everybody loves M'aiq! He's from Morrowind. Unfortunately he didnt' have anything interesting to tell me today.

Well our current task is to tell the arch mage Traven about the return of Volde..erm *clears throat*.. sorry about that, Mannimarco. Val and I did not stop any more but headed straight to the AU to deliver this most important message! It rained heavily on the way and as we entered the city it began to lightening and storm, too. A fitting environment for the current situation I think. On the way through the university grounds I spotted a crumpled note on the ground. "Hmm... I've never noticed that there before.." I thought to myself as I picked it up and read it.
What well? There's no wells in the city that are in use. What city are they talking about? There's only one "THE" city and that's this one... it must mean some other city. Ohwell.. I pocketed the note for later contemplation and continued on my task.

Traven seemed none too happy about the news, as expected.. but as he and I were having this very serious conversation I couldn't help but notice the woman standing near by that he'd been chatting to before I interrupted him and started laughing:
She has a stupid smile on her face while listening to this "Grave news" as Traven put it. XD Lol.
Traven said he needed some time to talk to the council about this or something.. that gave me time to do anything I wanted while I waited. I decided to look around the city a little more and see if there was any trouble I could get in to. I randomly wandered to the waterfront.


After wandering around and in and out of shops and bothering the people that lived in the poor shacks for a few game hours Val and I didn't find much of any trouble we could get in to and it was getting late. Nothing was really going on. I decided to head to the nearest bed for a good nights sleep. I remembered there was a boat near by around here somewhere that rented out beds and had a tavern inside and I was too lazy to make my way all the way back to the inn inside of the city, so I headed for the boat.
The Bloated Float was a ship that was converted into an inn and no longer sailed the seas, she was retired. This is where (he told me) Val had pulled his pants down in front of every one and gotten kicked out *I remembered as we entered*. The inside was warm and cozy, and everyone was quite welcoming. I spent the night chatting with the locals before renting a bed from the very friendly owner and going to sleep for the night.
The next morning this message greets me:
What?! Oh bloody heck(Fake cursing).. So, grumbling to myself I hoist my armor back on and stuff (I just pretend, it's only logical. If it were real life I wouldn't sleep in my armor) then push my way past the groggy Val to the wooden halls outside my room. I immediately and unexpectedly run in to a bloke that doesn't seem happy to see me and immediately threatens to kill me before attempting to do so, yelling I shouldn't be there.. whatever. He is easily knocked off his feet and killed by a couple of bolts from my staff and Val's lightening reflexes with his sword. I search his body for valuables, take his nice sword and curass, then find a note on his body.
Aaahh... Hijacked have we? Hahahaha! He didn't destroy the note! XD Dumb fool. After having a good laugh I pocketed the note and then continued up. Basically the ships bodyguard was locked/trapped in the supply closet which I released and together we overtook the ship with me leading the way. I didn't just run in hacking and slashing (figuratively speaking) though, it was really easy for me to lie my way into some information from them before each "bad guy" was killed and looted. Each one I came across after being asked "who are you" I would tell them i'm there to join them or some such nonsense and they usually bought it for a minute or two before my lies began sounding suspicious to them and they attacked. While the bodyguard (with my help clearing the way) went to the ships wheel to turn it around Val and I took a couple of minutes to see just where we were:
There wasn't a whole heck of a lot around. I scratched my head as I looked at the beautiful sunrise , wondering just where are we that we can't see any land around? And how far must we be out to not see any land? It is beautiful and peaceful though.


In the end I finally made my way to the boss who had the captain locked in his cabin room. Of course she threw a fit asking who I was.. told her I was there to join them.. Didn't believe me ..well just play the quest for yourself. I began finishing her sentances for her and she looked frightened.
 "In Bravil?".... she replied "h-how did you know about that? How did you get past my men?!" "I killed them" (as blunt as that with a serious expression)



(She's a smart woman, I respect her for that, and for respecting her own life enough to value it.)


Yippee! I win! :D


The captain enthusiastically thanked me and told me to go rest while the ship returned to land. I just waved my hand with a tired snort"whatever " sleepily and walked back to my cabin to finish my nap.


When I awoke I was told by the captain, after entering the main deck and having breakfast, that the reward was gold! Yes! I was so happy about that! It is only 150 septims but it's richer than I was!


Val and I stepped off the ship onto the cobbled stone streets of the Imperial City waterfront once again. I stretched while we took a good look around for something to do. Looking down the walkway I saw another ship with some scruffly looking pirates walking around outside and inside of it. I walked over and spoke with some of them, they wearn't friendly but didn't seem hostile toward me. There was an argonian walking around on the deck so I decided to go talk to him, too.... but the second I set foot on the wood of the deck all heck broke loose:
People whooshed past me every which way leaving me looking dumbfounded and confused (as well as wide eyed) o.o while swords were brandished and begun swinging! I couldn't even tell who had started it, or who was trying to hit who! I just turned around in awe :O and watched as everybody tried to kill everybody!
Eventually three people were killed and the fight stopped. I couldn't help but eye the standing victors as I cautiously stepped past to the dead bodies to loot them.


I have also been paying regular visits to Shady Sam for my regular skooma fix. He sells 5 bottles every day to every other day or something, sometimes when I go he's still out of skooma. However, Bravil has been calling me for quite a while now, the urge to go back to my beloved skooma den and my drug dealer has gotten stronger as time passed... because Shady Sam just isn't cutting it. 5 skooma  a pop isn't enough any more and I need my regular drug dealer to hook me up with a good amount to keep me goin. So when the arch mage spoke to me again and told me my next task was in Bruma... I threw a fit! (not in front of him of course, that would be unprofessional of me). "Bruma?! Why Bruma?! Bruma is in the OPPOSITE direction of Bravil!" Val just watched me blankly while I stomped around and  ranted to myself. He's a good sport.

Next stop... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment