Saturday, July 2, 2011

Slippery When Wet

The Cheydinhal mages head was very rude and didn't seem interested in helping me at all. He gave me the task of fetching a ring of burden that a previous associate failed to get back. The previous associate has also gone missing. This didn't sound like a good idea already. The ring is supposedly located in the mages guild well.
I spoke with a fellow guild member about it and she seemed very concerned and spoke about the guild head as if he were a very unsavory fellow. She gave me a spell to help me breathe under water and carry the ring, and the key to the mages guild well out back. She wasn't supposed to be helping me with this task, but felt it was an unfair task. I like her already.
Well I looked at the spell I was given and I don't have enough magic to use it. It's a well i'll be going in to, wells have water and I can't breathe under water. The fact that I was given a spell to do so meant most likely I'll be needing to do so.. That is a problem. I spent most of the day wandering around, trying to think of ways I could overcome this problem. Find a cheap spell somewhere that I could cast and practice with to raise my spell skill level? See if I can find a water breathing spell that can be used at my current level? Finally I came up with an idea.. I don't have a water breathing ability, but I do know where I can get one!

I headed off for a quick trip to Leyawiin where I bought from the local store Nistor's boots! These were my beloved favorite shoes from my previous incarnation and allows water breathing as well as another ability raise but I don't remember what it was. The water is the most important. These boots are brown leather and very shabby looking, but are worth an elephants weight in gold!

Upon entering Leyawiin it was raining and dreary and as I progressed through the street toward the store to buy these boots I spotted a very odd sight. An argonian suddenly emerging from a pond to my right seemingly out of no where. Curious I walked over to talk to him and he went back under water. But he was very friendly! This is what he had to say to me:
 I had to pause before he continued because I was laughing so hard!


 Ha ha... That was kinda funny.... but a little insulting also, since i'm khajiit..That's when I noticed that he had a merchant icon under his name... so I clicked on it to see what he was selling....

mmhmm... suuuure.. okay...


Well I picked up the shoes and then headed back to Cheydinhal. Since Val can't breathe under water like I now can I asked him to stay behind by the well. I would be back soon. The last thing I need is an unconcious Valtierro body that I have to attempt to drag along with me.
XD What?!
Val says the darndest things! I aught to have slapped him except I was just a little too amused at him to do that.

Inside I didn't find much loot, but I did find poor Vidkun, the previous associate... with the ring on his body.
Apparently he couldn't carry the ring and it drown him. I felt so bad and a little creeped out by the thought. I carefully picked the ring from his corpse and then immediately sunk (you're supposed to sink.. even though the game doesn't seem to know that) to the bottom unable to move. Luckily I have my Nistor's boots on so I won't end up like Vidkun. It took me a couple tries, but eventually I was able to drop the ring, drag it along the bottom to the well entrance, and then get up out of the well with it.
When returning to the mages guild head with it, she said it was useless.. so I won't be keeping it. She said the mages guild head had gone missing after he got angry and stormed out when confronted by her about my and Vidkuns tasks. She asked me to search his room for the reccomendation and I found none, but what I did find was very interesting. Black soul gems (blacks are evil ones). He will be delt with she said, and sent a reccomendation for me herself.

With all of my mages guild town recommendations sent my next destination is back at the Imperial City!

No comments:

Post a Comment