Friday, July 1, 2011

Just Another Day

The trip to Bruma was long and uneventful. Bruma is the most northern town in the province of Cyrodiil set in the snowy Jerall mountains. All of the buildings are made of cold stone and snow covers most of the ground there. The inhabitants are mostly nordics that look pretty much like the average white caucasian (in my opinion). Their mother land is the famous Skyrim.

Upon arriving I stopped by the mages guild and was given the task of finding a missing guild member. There really was no challenge to it, he was simply invisible and hiding from the guild head. This task was completed within a few hours and before leaving Bruma for the next town I stopped by the local book store for a book.
On the way I had to carefully manuver around a horse a silly owner had parked on his steps to his house.. >.>

Then Val and I set off to the next town, Cheydinhal. Being attacked by bandits on the road is no big deal, it happens all the time. In fact you're probably safer traveling off the trail and through the wilderness than you are on the roads. As usual my plan was to stop my steed, dismount and run a little ways ahead because the bandit never stops to allow me time to do these things and is chasing me the whole time. This way I allow myself some room between us when I finally turn to face him. But this time I turned to realize I wasn't being followed. Not only that, but way ahead of me from whence I ran my tricorn was attacking him! I had grown frustrated in the past at "why doesn't my tricorn help me fight the bad guys like my other horses would!" I'm sure i've said something about that when I first got him. But suddenly I had been running forward, away from my target, with my sword displayed and my warrior face on like a bafoon while behind me my tricorn is doing all the fighting. (I have to add here Val had chosen to stay behind in Bruma and catch up later.)

So with a gasp I hoisted my sword and ran as quickly as I could back toward the scurmish! But by the time I got there the tricorn had already killed him! Frustrated, but a little thankful my tricorn is not completely useless in battles, I took a close look at the bandit to make sure he was really dead, looted what I could, and continued on my way.

I reached Cheydinhal (the last town in my quest to get all the mages guild reccomendations) and recieved from the guild head the task of retrieving a ring of burden. This is what I must do next.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment