Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Through The Sewers

My trip through the sewers this time proved to be very frustrating. Basically this first sewer area in the game is the area meant to allow you to get used to the controls and buttons, and decide what type of fighting style you want to use.
My first view of the world from inside my prison cell. The only light comes from this tiny window at the top.

On the cell floor I saw a little scroll. I picked it up and opened it... hmm... I've never seen this before.. I quickly pocketed it and turned around, then walked to my cell door. I looked across at the prisoner across the way as he spoke his mean words to me, something I was quite used to and expected by now. He was saying I'd rot in here like the rest of em... heh heh heh. Poor soul, he doesn't even know he's scheduled to be slaughtered later by the dark brotherhood. I kind of pity him. I like him, wish I didn't have to kill him later.


This is what I look like right now. These are the prison clothes they put me in. Not flattering at all, but ohwell. I'll be able to change out of them soon! They're quite ugly. I seriously considered going naked for a short while.. but thought it's best to keep the 1 point defense they provide me than to have no defense.

The guards came and got me, as usual and was expected. I followed them as far as I could go. Along the way one of the guards fell in battle and I smartly swooped in to gather his sword! I totally did not expect to find an Akaviri blade! Akaviri swords are basically katanas. They're fast, light and very deadly! Not to mention they look Fantastic! I immediately fell in love with this sword!

Along the way as my hunger would pester me I'd stop to eat a rat that i'd killed. I will kill and skavange rats for food, they aren't as nasty as you'd think. The first time i'd ever eaten one in game I was surprised to find it surprisingly good! But then again i'm a cat.. you might expect that we would. :P Along the way I found some rats already dead. Immediately I became on guard, weary and knew the situation was dangerous. These rats had died from disease... If I were to scavange them I could catch that disease. I leave the dead ones well alone!

I used the magical skill of casting fireballs that I was born with to slay many rats.. instantly cook them! Fresh meat, yum yum!

I came upon a trapped section of tunnel with three large ... things stuck to the sealing and a trip wire. I carefully stepped forward to trip the wire while staying plainly out of the way and snapped it. Because I have night eye and can see in the dark (that's why everything is blue) I saw the trip wire instead of tripping over it. But after the three dangerous objects had swung and settled safely I approached to find to my subtle amusement that it looks like a goblin has already been hit by his own trap! Ha ha XD In reality though, I think it was another victim of disease.

I had been using my sneak skills a lot because the tunnels were riddled with goblins. I snuck up to an oddly stacked pile of logs only to peek over and find a goblin down below, sneaking around. I chuckled to myself as I pushed the logs and watched them topple onto the goblin down below, killing it instantly. Neat huh?!

Once I reached a large cave that was overrun with goblins I slew them all with a bit of effort, and then found a little camp area they had set up and were cooking dinner at. I helped myself to the rat as I sat a spell to rest myself and catch my breath. All the sneaking and fighting had fatigued me quite a bit and I had been panting heavily by the time I reached there.

From one of the goblins I picked up its magical staff. This staff shot lightening.. but was pretty weak so I favored the beautiful Akaviri sword.

Here are the stats I had at this point. They're basically my starting out stats.

From here I didn't take too many pictures because the rest is all following guards, and standing around while the guards fought assassins. I didn't want to do all the work so I let the guards do it, meh, they don't need me. I stood around looking at my dirty fingernails while listening to the grunts and stabbing sounds going on around me. When it was time to move on we did.

As is supposed to happen by game design, eventually you reach a point where they come to a dead end and assassins jump out and kill the emperor but not before he gives you his beloved necklace. What I didn't know was that when the guard talks to you, gives you your next instructions and tells you where to go.. and TAKES YOUR AKAVIRI SWORD! "You took my sword!"(I could hear the guard in my head respond "Your sword?!"  yes.. my sword... >.>  (then comes defeated grumbling from me as the guard has a point, I took it from the dead guard so technically it's still his sword). Needless to say I stood around grumbling to msyelf and throwing a little mini fit before I continued on..

A short trip through the dirty, dingy, disease ridden sewer and many dead rats later I finally come upon a light at the end of the tunnel. This is my first view of the outside. Thank god!

That... turns into this! Finally I am graced by the light of the outside! It's a cold, cloudy day and the wind has picked up just a little bit, not pleasant, but I did miss the sun. Even if there isn't that much of it at this time.

Here is a look at my final stats after I exit the sewer, and what equipment i've picked up along the way. After the guard took my sword (yes my >.> ) I couldn't use the goblin staff because that stupid thing runs out of magical power too dang fast... I quickly ditched the ugly, smelly thing and continued through the sewers with my trusty fireball throwing powers! I didn't need to use them much though. The first goblin I came to was packing with him this !superior weapon of a dagger! (sarcasm detected) It's better than nothing to start out with though.

From here my next destination is to pick up my buddy Valtierro (I pray my Valtierro mod is working correctly, we'll see when I meet him.) and then head to the mages guild to become a member and go through their trials, picking up experience along the way. That's how I plan to advance myself... and I want that staff of worms!

3 comments:

  1. >.< nuuu not the katana. hows this going to end o.o i really hope you find something like it...



    - Your secret reader ;) (you know who :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. You did an amazing job. I love the quality.

    ReplyDelete