Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Setting Up My Game

Well I am almost just finished with setting up my game to be played for the first time (not in my lifetime! Just since my last hard drive crashed.. ). I have decided to play with the race called a Kawa-Kajiit (the mod description describes "Kawa" as short for kawaii (or cute)). They are a cat race with all the common/normal Kajiit specs. They have night eye, are agile and hopefully tall. I will have to see how I can make her in game.

A good rule for setting up your first game is to write down every single mod you have in your game. It's best if you can do it in order. It will save you a LOT of trouble and time if something goes wrong or decides not to work. You can check to see what mods you installed last (which narrows down the trouble mod far quicker), easily see what mods you have installed to compare to other mods or if someone wants to know, and one benefit I hadn't thought of until just recently.. if your HARD DRIVE CRASHES (D:<) you can look at all the mods you lost and go retrieve the exact ones! *note: that is supposed to be an angry face up there*

I have played Oblivion twice before, beat the game both times. Because of this I pretty much won't be experiencing many surprises as far as content and adventures go. There are a few mods I installed that are new adventures that I haven't yet done before so those will be new to me but won't be attempted until far later. I can hear you thinking "well, this blog sounds like it's going to be utterly boring now!" and i'm sorry if you think that... then this blog is not for you. For the rest of you willing to give me a try!.. worry not you will be rewarded with interesting funny moments and odd glitches! A warning to everybody though, my game does include adult content (nudity, that's all) and you will get to see a very mischievous side of me (I have a habit of looting bodies on the road and leaving them naked!)

Some things you can look forward to are things I love about all of my mods installed. I have mods for increased realism in the game. Namely so multiple things can happen at random, just about anything actually! From sitting in my favorite little Inn when suddenly from nowhere this giant minotaur crashes in and kills everybody! (dam.. now who is going to fetch me my drinks..) To standing around in a corner of town only to suddenly see people dropping like flies around me (like a dawn of the dead scene) due to some invisible disease that I must flee lest it infects to me too! (goodbye town..). I've also had people walking around naked for no reason, and companions looting the bodies of the strangest people and wearing their stupid armor (>O) Val! No!).

SO... with all that said I like to play the game a little bit of a role-play style. I like to pretend I am actually in it as much as I can. Because I've played a couple times before, I like to consider those times my past lives. I am going to reincarnate myself a third time in the game as a cat race I've never been (mentiond earlier). All the knowledge I already know about the game due to my past lives will be considered forgotten(most of it) and in the case of things that can't be forgotten because of my favorite weapons.. they will simply be considered phantom memories from my past lives. There will be a few (very few) that will be clearly remembered (like the mages guild! Long story, you won't hear it.).

So hopefully everything will play out right, everything will work and run smoothly. Good luck to me!

1 comment:

  1. Here we go *Dives into the story*
    This is going to be an epic experience :D


    - Your secret reader ;) (you know who :P)

    ReplyDelete