Sunday, June 26, 2011

Anvil

After getting the reccomendation from the Skingrad mages guild head my next stop is for Anvil. Anvil sits on the very west coast of Cyrodiil and you can see the ocean from the city. The town of Anvil is well paved and all of the buildings are built from stone making it look neat and clean, not to mention all of the homes there are rather large. I believe Anvil is a wealthy city, but it is very far from Skingrad.
The trip there was only a little less than miserable as it stormed the whole way. We also got attacked by a few bandits along the way, but I can't decide whether that's bad luck or good luck. On one hand I get to practice my blade skill, get a chance to gain some more loot to sell later.. but on the other hand getting attacked and fighting when I'm not very good at it yet and getting saved by Val all the time isn't so good.
One of the bandits who asked me to hand over my loot was a khajiit and I really hate to kill fellow cats so instead of simply attacking him I convinced him I was a member of the blades. He bought it, and apologised because he was scared, but I told him to hand me 100 septims and he could go, which he did fleeing into the distance as you can see in the above picture.

I also experienced some fog along the trail, which was really neat!

Just before reaching Anvil Val and I stopped to rest and barter with some traveling merchants. Val isn't feeling so well. He had caught a disease from battling some zombies with me in a cave earlier. Poor guy. I'm trying to find him something to cure his disease as soon as possible. Even though he can't die from it, it still hinders his fighting ability.

When I reached the city gates of Anvil I saw a really cool looking person walking out wearing this armor. They were some sort of secret blades member or something.. I dunno. But I wanted it, so I spoke with the person. They immediately tried to arrest me, and of course I resisted.. I don't want to go to jail! I didn't swing my sword or lay a hand on the poor person though, killing her was not my intention. Val on the other hand, to protect me, did. When she had died I looted her body. The stuff I didn't use braught me a fair amount of septims to buy more food with.

When I entered Anvil I made a B line for the chapel so that we could get Val healed.. but upon entering I found a massacre! There was dead people, and blood, everywhere! Even in strange writing on the floor... nobody's gonna get healed here. :T The good part of this is since everyone is dead there is no one around to catch me if I steal. I looted the whole chapel, mostly of food. They don't often have valuables. Yay food!


Walking around the chapel also boosted me up a level. These are my stats now. My next task given to me by the Anvil mages guild head is to go to an inn not far from Anvil and spy on a fellow mage to see if they're up to no good.

No comments:

Post a Comment