Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Aaaarrrgh!

The longer I stay in Tamriel (the name) the more I despise it. Every day seems to be a struggle and I long for the life when everything was easy. I was rich, every physical exertion was performed with ease and I could reach any room and any height due to my skills. Sneaking was a snap as well... and I could talk anybody into anything! Now life is just one big struggle. Luckily Val is always by my side the whole time and helps make it easier to cope. There have been more than a few times now when he has saved my butt in battle.
My stats so far, not very impressive yet.

The head guild member of Bravil also asked me for a favor. Her husband was trapped in a dream world of his own creation. He'd planned to go there to train, but got stuck and asked if I'd help. I really didn't want to, but due to me trying to be a good person I reluctantly agreed. It didn't help that when I looked over at Val he batted his lashes at me so to speak.. Darn do gooder... Upon arriving I found myself naked! And stripped of all my belongings except for the amulet that brought me here. Eeek! Val came too but was not naked and didn't seem to look twice at me. I must admit my first thought when I realized I had nothing was "Oh no! What am I going to do if I start to go through skooma withdrawl?!" I panicked a little bit..XD
This place felt familiar (I've done it once before, a long time ago) but couldn't remember anything so it was an adventure for me. All of the tests were really easy actually, I easily figured out the hint scrolls at the beginning of each. Along the way Val got seperated from me but we found each other again in the end. He really was just along for the ride. There were no enemies to kill and I could figure everything out on my own. We eventually got her husband out of the dream world, yay for me!

Our next stop was the city of Leyawiin in the deep south. Leyawiin is settled in a boggy, marshy, swampy type land where the air is thick and musky. It's always unpleasant to my nose. In Leyawiin first stop was to the church to see if they would cure myself and Val of our diseases.. which they did! Yay!

The mages guild head asked me to retrieve for her an amulet. To do this I had to enter a fort, FINALLY a dungeon crawl! We had to kill many bandits through the fort, but eventually retrieved what we came for. Val kept attacking the bandits in a crouched "sneaking" stance the whole time which really slowed him down and made him look stupid.. but whatever floats your boat man...(sorry the pic is hard to see because its all blue due to my night vision. Val is a small dot in the middle just above the flickering torch on the floor.


The big boss of the fort was too hard for me to battle. I died once actually when trying to fight him by myself. The second time I learned from that mistake and let Val take over, which he gladly did! The boss only wanted to kill me since I was the holder of the amulet though, and so I simply ran in circles around the room healing myself constantly while the boss hacked and slashed at me constantly.. all the while Val is chasing the boss and hacking and slashing at him! In the end the boss keeled and Val and I were able to leave with new armor. I must admit though the armor works well and keeps me save, its very cumbersome and looks silly, all too big on me. I'm always hefting it up and adjusting it and what not.

The exit through the dungeon was almost as difficult as the entrance! I had gathered so much "loot" that I couldn't carry it without toppling over. I carried as much as I could (I was still panting heavily the whole time and could barely walk) while piling the rest onto Val to carry like some shopping maniac who dragged her husband along. Val was also panting pretty heavily and couldn't fight well because of it all. The exit involved us barely dragging ourselves out, panting heavily the whole time, so heavily we couldn't hear anything but ourselves.. and tripping and stumbling and falling all over the place. I must say the skooma did help a lot with it though. The only downside is when I go into withdrawl i'll get clumsy. There was one point where Val and I were approaching a door and I stumbled and fell against it, hitting my head. Of course I was alright, it just told me "ope! Time for some more skooma!" We eventually made it back to the town of Leyawiin, into the armorer and sold him the items we couldn't use. Val got some new items to wear for himself as well. This is what he looks like now.
I also gained another level and some gold. It's not much, just a little over one thousand, but hopefully it'll be enough to keep us fed and disease free. The whole ordeal has seemed to soften Val up toward me. We didn't fight through the whole thing but worked together well, and he seems to like me much more now. I must admit after he's saved my life a few times he seems less annoying to me, also. We even had a couple of amusing conversations during one point in the dungeon when we were in a nicely lit rest area by ourselves without any enemies. We were able to have a good nap there a couple of times. We were in the fort all night so sleeping while going through it wasn't that surprising.

At the end of the day I chalked this day up to being.. exhausting. I don't even want to think about it. I just want to collapse onto my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment