Monday, June 27, 2011

Screw horses and game Armor

While walking through Anvil collecting herbs and plants for my alchemy I came across this rather curious looking hole behind someones house. I stopped and stared at it for a moment, scratching my head and thinking to myself "huh.. I wonder what that's doing there." So I decided to go and find out. I entered the persons' house, spoke with them a minute just to not seem rude, and then proceeded to their basement.
Turns out this woman is keeping rats as pets. "Are you crazy?!" I thought to myself as I wandered around her basement observing her three pet rats (one was dead due to disease) and the food area she had set up for them. "Rats should be eaten for food..." The food area can be seen to the very right of this picture on a rug.

A little further into the basement and I came across the culprit. Apparently some rats had decided to escape at one time and she boarded up the hole.

The Anvil mages guild head gave me the task of going to this inn north of Anvil and posing as a merchant there. Supposedly a rogue mage was killing merchants. On the way out I decided to try and boost myself a new horse, a faster and more pleasant looking one. I thought this horse was beautiful and couldn't help but snap a picture. However, because it wasn't officially my horse even though nobody seemed to care I took it, the horse would walk back to the stables once dismounted. This definately wouldn't do. I like my horses to stay where I put them so I can come back to them. I tried three times, mounting and dismounting, to get the horse to stay but he just wouldn't. Eventually my annoyance grew and I just thought "screw it... I'm getting my very own unique steed.."

That is when I downloaded this tricorn. I instantly fell in love with it on the web site and he had to be mine! I can summon him whenever he isn't where I want him to be, he's super fast, and beautiful! He is a peaceful tricorn though, and doesn't attack others even if I could use some defnending, unfortunately. One thing that makes up for that though, is that he casts a light (he glows) so maybe I will be able to travel at night now. We'll see.

Val and I stayed the night at the inn as instructed and the next morning set out, pretending to mind our own business when we were attacked by the rogue mage. From the bushes the other guild members rushed in to my aid and attacked the rogue, putting a stop to her murdering forever. Nobody knows why she turned crazy, that's the price you pay for killing first and asking questions later. I felt a little sorry for her though as several people and their summoned help ganged up on her all at once. She didn't stand a chance. 

I stopped then at the docks of Anvil, ocean side, so I could sell some of my loot for some extra cash. On our way out of Anvil Val collapsed for a moment and I grew very worried about him.
He's not lookin so well...

By the time He and I made it out of the city of Anvil it was storming out (again) which made everything very dark. It's not quite night yet, but it's still dark and I was caught breathless when I saw how my tricorn glows. It looks celestial! I'm so happy to have it! n.n

Val and I had a peaceful and eventless journey all the way back to the Imperial City where we began. There I decided if I'm going to get my very own steed, I might as well look the way i'm supposed to too. We stopped at the Apacchi Goddess store so I could buy myself some clothes. On the way through I caught sight of another beautiful view of the land.

Outside the store I gave Val all of my armor and weapons because I was about to get some new. Val looks quite handsome in it I must say. He seems to appreciate it too.

Inside the store I was "aww"'d by this cute little chihuahua the store owner had! It's adorable!


Here is the armor I chose to wear. I chose the highest protection I could find and the highest rated weapon too. It will soon be replaced by a staff once I get far enough along in the mages guild, but this will do for now, and raise my blade skill. My armor is called "gate closer armor" which suits me for I will in the far future be closing the gates of oblivion across the lands of Cyrodiil. I can't help but think it makes me look tough and cool though! I was lucky enough to also find the store owner sells mandrake root which cures disease. I kept two for myself and gave Val one, as well as a cure disease potion or two also bought there. Hopefully he'll be wise enough to eat or drink one and cure himself eventually.

Below is a snapshot I took of my arms. It seems I have grown some muscles from swinging my sword around so much (even though i've got no skill with it) and I didn't even know it.

Next stop: Chorrol.

No comments:

Post a Comment