Friday, June 17, 2011

Life Gets Serious

In Bravil the more I walked around the worse I felt about things. Things wearn't looking good, and what I mean is the amount of disease around. Not to mention most everyone seemed to be down in the dumps (No pun intended) all the time. About the only ones friendly to me were the guards and my fellow mages guild mates. Upon joining, Val expressed his pleasure at being a member of the mages guild. He's automatically in with me since he's my partner. He always seems to have the worst luck in stepping in things though! It cracks me up.


My first task was to fetch back a mages staff for one of the guild members. So Val and I set out for the Imperial City! I got a chance to ride my dinosaur for the first time. I rode it all the way to the city! I must admit, it looks awesome.. but the ride itself is very rough! The dinosaur sways heavily from side to side and it's neck is always in the way. It was annoying as heck and so after reaching the city, I quickly ditched it.

Just thought i'd share this amazing view with you! The picture does it no justice.

Val and I went into the house of the man who had the staff, he was having a little get together with his friends. I politely spoke with him for a bit then asked for it back. He refused and refused to give it up to me, saying he payed for it. I spoke to his wife about it then and she seemed annoyed at her husband for doing such a silly thing anyway. So I "tsk'd" thinking "fine i'll get it myself"  and just stepped past the group of people to the mans basement and stole it from there. He didn't seem to notice or care. On the way out I stopped by the stables to see if the horses were working yet, and sure enough they are finally visible! Yay! I fixed it! But one of the  horses seemed to be floating in the air in an odd position. This thing is common in oblivion. Silly horse.

I was going to just steal one of the horses, but as I walked forward to do it Val quickly recognised what I was about to do and stopped me. He begged me not to steal the horse.. and suddenly remembering I had a couple of vouchers in my pocket for a free horse I reluctantly agreed. I walked into the stables building and asked for the horse, she said she would see what she could do. I walked out to greet my new horse.... and its a nag.. a NAG?! I stood around grumbling to myself for a moment but every time I glanced over at Val his eyes pleaded me not to do anything dishonest.. so I accepted the stupid ol' nag... Sure she's pretty... but she's DANG SLOW.

I mounted her like an expert.... and felt like a dang fool riding off at a pace I could easily keep up with myself on foot.. Val wasn't even breaking a sweat running behind me!

Along the way I stopped and stripped some of the corpses of their leather curasses so I could sell them later. I hadn't taken them when I'd killed those people because they really aren't worth that much, about 33 septims each and I normally never take anything under 50. But with so few septims I was beginning to hurt and can use anything I can get my hands on. The catch to this was I had caught a disease stripping corpses that had been laying in the dirt for so long, so I am expecting some heavy coughing and fatigue in the near future.

It was getting dusk so val and I decided to stop by a little Inn along the way to weather the night. When I arrived though, I found some stupid guy(probly a guard of some sort) had parked his horse on the door step... WTF.. guys don't know how to park around here!

Inside Val and I spoke with the bar maid for a few hours while the sun set outside. We spoke about mundane ol' things you wouldn't want to hear about. I managed to snag us a room for free instead of having to pay, which is really good because I had very little money left, barely enough to buy a snack to eat. As soon as I entered my room Val stopped and turned to me.. and gave me a talking to about how important it is to stay a good, honest person. He was speaking from his heart I could tell, because he began to talk about how he and his family grew up honest people. How he would never steal from anyone... It got me thinking about it a bit, and maybe he's right. Maybe I should watch myself more. I do have  a heart after all.

By now I'm at level 3. I'll do my best to remember to post a picture of my stats in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment