Thursday, June 16, 2011

Let's get started!

I entered The Feedbag in the imperial city and breathed a sigh of relief when I found a Valtierro. He was standing right where he's supposed to be, but didn't approach me this time. In my last incarnation he practically mobbed me as soon as I entered the door. Upon speaking with him and getting him to agree to join me as a partner in crime I noticed "hmm... he looks a little older than I remember.. Ohwell."

As soon as we exited I was presented with a dead body in front of me. It was a beggar from the streets that had obviously caught ill and died. Gives me the willies to see these.. Nobody ever cleans them up either. It was dusk so Val and I went to the local inn to sleep for the night before heading out bright and early the next day. I always get an early head start on my day before the sun rises (5 O clock)

On our way out of the city we crossed a really really long stone bridge that connects it with the mainland. On the other side of the bridge after Val had said his goodbyes to the city he grew up in, he turned around and chatted at me about it for quite a while. I have to admit my eyes glazed over a little bit and my mind drifted as he "blah blah blah blah blah... blah blah blah ... blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.. blah blah. Blah blah blah blah! Bah blah.. blah blah blah'd" Then at the end I heard his tone of voice suddenly change and he said this (points to the picture) I couldn't help but chuckle!

My first stop was to get a horse... but when I approached the horse ranch I found to my surprise there were no horses! Just look! I even walked into the gated area for a good look around to make sure I wasn't missing any.. or they wearnt hiding.. then suddenly I saw the name of a horse infront of my cursor.. and that's when I realized, the horses are invisible! Theres a horse standing right infront of me! I almost bumped into it. My gawd! (clearly I messed up somewhere when trying to install custom horse skins). I didn't want to ride on an invisible horse so I just left. My next stop would be the horse ranch in Bravil.. ah.. Bravil.. my old beloved city of Bravil...(You'll find out why later) But.. with no horse that means I have to walk there.. *grumble grumble.. walking to another town.. nobody walks to another town. I shouldn't have to walk all the way to the other town. grumble grumble grumble* (As I began to do just that with Val in tow)

Suddenly I remembered the mysterious scroll I had in my pocket that I'd picked up from the floor of my prison cell. With a gasp I fished it from my pocket and pulled it out to look at just where it was indicating something was. Val and I hiked several miles through the forest, getting scraped by tall bushes and weeds and stumbling over moss covered boulders to finally reach ... this! It's my very own tree house! Wow! As I looked at it something about it seemed very familiar... (I used to live here in my last incarnation.. i'm glad the installation worked!)

Here is what it looks like inside.. neat huh? It has many more rooms than this, and a hot tub I could use even. I never use it though because it does nothing for me. (it doesn't boost any stats or anything) I picked up my very own alchemy set from here though, I will need it!

Val and I exited the house to find the clouds clearing and I was surprised to see a moon in the sky since it was in the middle of the daytime. This truely is an alien planet.. pretty though.

Along the way Val and I were surprised by a pair of bandits. We fought them without any trouble though. Unfortunately one got me in the wrist there, as you can see. The arrow is behind my shield in my wrist. How'd I manage that you ask? Well I didn't have the shield up because my attention was on the wrong bandit and the one with the bow and arrows fired a shot. I went to raise my shield but he got me before I could.
He got Val too. I went to inspect my Val to see if he'd gotten hurt and he has an arrow through his shoulder. A flesh wound, nothing that would hit vital organs.. but still very painful looking. He's as tough as I am though and it's easily removed. Along the road Val and I get in a couple of arguments as well, though I'm not so sure why Val was so annoyed with me. Maybe it's because I don't listen to him when he blathers about every day things? Or maybe he doesn't like how I always run and leave him behind all the time (it's not my fault he can't keep up!). At one point he refused to speak to me and said rude things like "maybe when I like you more i'll tell you". But don't worry, he always comes around eventually.

Finally we reach our destination so that I can finally get the "steed" i've been waiting for! As we approached the stables area two long dinosaur necks peeked over the fence at us and I looked back anticipatingly knowing one of them was mine!

I chose the red one and rode it out of the stables only to park it outside so that I could go in to Bravil and get my supply... I can't resist going to my skooma den whenever i'm in town! Also I'm going to join the mages guild while i'm here and get started on that.

Just inside is another dead beggar on the ground with a guard walking over the body as if it's an every day occurance. The town looks mighty dirty alright, there's no wonder it's disease ridden.

Across town on my way to the mages guild I catch another beggar falling to her knees...

Finally I make it to my skooma den and inside are all the friends that I'd known in my last incarnation. This is my drug dealer. I buy from him and he loves me for it. He's quite yummy too! For those who don't know, skooma is a drug in Oblivion (and Morrowind) that increases all your stats exponentially when taken, but very very addictive. It's nearly impossible to come off it (but i'v done it before). I can't help but gaze at him for a while every time I come here. @.@

Just when I'm making a deal I hear this thud behind me and turn to see one of my fellow skooma addicts falling dead due to some disease. It's sad to see him go, he was one I got along with. Upon leaving the den Val also collapsed outside and I worry that he's got a disease now. I have to find some cure disease potions to pass to him. Luckily Valtierro is am essential character which means it's impossible for him to actually die. In cases where he would normally die he actually faints for a while, so I don't have to worry about losing him. And I could have sworn by the way he didn't make some silly comment when he got back up that he seemed sad for some reason...

Something I didn't mention or get pictures of because of the panicked state I was in was when we entered Bravil, suddenly Val goes berserk and begins wailing on every town member around! Of course they're all screaming, yelling and fighting back. I'm running around trying to catch Val to stop him and looking like i'm a chicken with my head cut off! When Val finally faints I go up to him and change his fighting style to something that means "let me do the fighting..." and gave him a piece of my mind about attacking strangers for no reason! I have no idea why he'd do that, maybe its a disease? Anyway, he won't anymore. Stupid val..

I thought about doing the Knights Of The Nine quest first, but I really don't feel like hearing "You're the divine crusader!" everywhere I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment