Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A New Beginning

     For some time now I have been exploring the idea of starting over in my game with a whole new character. I have completed the main quest, all of the smaller quests and about half of the misc. quests or close to it and found myself mildly bored with the game at the moment. My current character was created to be as powerful as possible due to the fact that I had never played Skyrim before and didn't know what to expect. How hard was the game going to be? How long would it take me to complete the tasks and quests? How much help would I need with everything and anything? All of these questions were yet to be answered and so I created my character to be as powerful as possible (as I always do the first time I play a game) so that I would be allowed to get used to the game and become comfortable with the game without becoming overly frustrated or getting myself stuck in binds that would make me want to quit playing (as happens sometimes in games).

     Now that I am extremely comfortable with the game and feel like I know it inside and out with the exceptions of a few, tiny misc. quests I feel it's time to create a character that is a little bit more serious, a little less powerful and more challenging, and perhaps a little less goofy (Though I LOVE those goofy moments and will still have some!). I think after a while I will delete all of my Skyrim blog posts from my soon to be previous game play through, but I plan on keeping the Oblivion game part of the blog. I don't exactly know how to back up whole blog posts, so most likely you'll never see them again unless you have a way to back them up yourself. I just don't find them nearly as entertaining as I was expecting them to be; Hopefully the next play through will hold more entertainment.

     Because I have already posted in detail about most of the quests in the game already I will not be doing the same thing the second time through, but only highlighting the fun and very different moments, maybe introducing some characters better for the newbies who decided to read my blog. I still plan on keeping my save game files though, just in case I want to go back. I'm thinking i'll keep them for the purpose of testing new mods if nothing else.

Anyways, I hope you all enjoy my new game that i'm going to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment