Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dragon Bullies

My path took me from Windhelm all the way to Riften. The journey takes forever without a steed to ride on (I'm REALLY looking forward to Shadowmere!) and it's crazy treacherous! Most of the way went as normal with the occasional attack by a lion, tiger or skeever, avoiding daedras and sneaking past bandits. There is a little inn on the way to Riften and I stopped there for a quick rest and to replenish my wits. When I exited the building a swooping sound along with a huge crash that rocked the building drew my attention upward and what did I see but a dragon! Oh no! Not again! I whined to myself. With my heart racing in my chest I stepped back against the wood of the building, hiding under the roof here while watching all of the people running around outside shouting and soldiers pointing arrows up at it. I waited for what seemed like forever for the people to kill the dragon for me.. but it became obvious none of them lacked the skill that I (the dragonborn) am supposed to have when it comes to killing dragons. With a defeated sigh I turned around and walked back into the inn. I slept for the night.

The next morning I awoke all bright and cheery and stepped outside to take in the sunny day only to find the dragon still there... really? Knowing it won't most likely leave any time soon if it stayed over night I took a deep breath such as one does before leaping into the deep end, and then ran for it! Thankfully the dragon was too busy with the inn's crew to pay attention to the fleeing khajeet down the road.

A few minutes later I saw the dragon right above me! I thought it was there to attack me.. and then it fell down to the ground right behind me lifelessly.. I skidded to a stop and looked at it in befuddlement, wondering what killed it.. Okaayy.. I walked over and collected it's bones and some scales to sell later. That my friends, is how I got my first dragon soul..

 Not long down the road I came accross yet another dragon, I was only thankful this one was busy attacking a giant camp. I watched the giant run away from the dragon and not return.


On a post in front of the camp was this note:
I guess I had stood around reading the note for too long because then the dragon was attacking me! I streaked off with it hot on my tail and I was no match for the speed of it's giant wings, it easily kept up with me! I kept ducking beneath overhanging cliffsides and into shadows, but nothing hid me! I died.

I reloaded my save and tried again, this time not stopping to read the note... but to no avail. The dragon spotted me and the chase was on again. I was killed. A third, and even fourth load of the save game proved no better. In eastmarch there is practically no ground cover to hide me, no trees, no caves, just all flat, volcanic ground! I was about to give up when I found not far from the giant camp a hunters camp!
 I chatted with them to see if they knew anything about the near by giant or dragon.. but they didn't know anything. Then I spotted a couple of their horses near by. I got an idea! I really didn't like the idea of stealing other people's horses because they never stay with you and it creates a bounty.. but I had no choice if I wanted to survive!

I hopped on one much to the screaming protests of the hunters and streaked off on it, barreling past several sabrecats (that had also had a hand in killing me) and the dragon!

I didn't look back. I rode all the way to riften.

I wasn't in the mood to play "toll"


And when I finally entered the city gates I fell back against the door thankfully, breathing heavily and feeling like I never wanted to leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment