Tuesday, May 29, 2012

First Dark Brotherhood Job

 Kill Grelad the kind. That was my task. Easy peasy. She was giving her usual speech when I walked in. I patiently waited for her to finish, then followed her into the back room and closed the door. I only wish I had a more appealing weapon to do it with..


The children were overjoyed!


I then retired to the local inn for the night. I spoke with the argonian who seemed to be "second in command" and who was sweeping. He told me that he was smitten with the argonian innkeeper behind the bar. It was a romantic story. I then explored all of the rooms and found one that must have been his.
 That is romantic.

I was also asked in Riften to get some ore for the local alchemist. The next morning I set out for the long journey back up the road to Windhelm and stopped at the small mining town on the way to collect the ore.


The road is danerous. There are diseases out there!


So I was doing well just sneaking down the road for a few hours when far ahead of me I was lucky enough to spot what I thought was a khajiit bandit laying in wait for me. There was a second danger near by, a sabrecat! I decided to get around them the long way and instead of taking the road I climbed up over the hill. I took the opportunity while up on the rocks to get a good look at my sorroundings. Not only was there a bandit waiting for me.. but 3 sabrecats! I can barely defeat one, let alone three.. and what's worse i'm sorrounding! I'm save while I'm up on the rocks, but I can't get down without getting attacked by either the bandit (which would attract the first sabrecat for sure) or the two sabrecats to my left!

 With no other choice I swallowed hard, took a deep breath, and jumped down to take out the bandit first! I was shocked to find it's no bandit at all.. but a dark brotherhood member!

 Someone had gotten mad at me (probably the hunters whose horse I stole?) and asked the dark brotherhood to kill me.. As I read it I grew angry, crinkling the paper in my hand in the anger and growled through my teeth. "I'm your future listener you azz! ASTRID!" I haven't even met her yet and she's already pizzing me off..

I then hopped back up onto the rocks and down the opposite side, wedging my back against the cliff side to prevent sneak attacks and killed the remaining two sabrecats with effort.

With the recent events that just happened I was on edge sneaking down the road, and let out a great sigh of relief when I saw more imperials leading a prisoner. I would be safe if I traveled with them, for if anything were to attack they'd be the distraction while I could make my get away! I don't need to be fast, I just need to be faster than them!
I was grateful for my decision when something did attack. A daedroth attacked and while it was taking out the imperials and stormcloak prisoner I streaked off down the road like a scardy rabbit!

No comments:

Post a Comment