Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mischief

So I have decided that my horse mount Shadowmere is a huge help in the world of Skyrim. My next goal is to earn the keep of Shadowmere again and in order to do this I must join the dark brotherhood, so that's what I set out to do. For the life of me... I can not remember which city the dark brotherhood quest starts in though! Was it Whiterun or Windhelm??

I set off for Whiterun, just guessing, and took all day just walking to get there. It was actually quite a pleasant walk.
Just outside of Whiterun, on the road, I came accross a line of imperial soldiers leading a stormcloak prisoner toward the city. In the past I would stop and free the prisoner, beginning a heroic fight with the imperials which would inevitably end up with them dead.. but this time I'm not taking the stormcloak side! Because of my decision to shoot for a truce between the two factions I am actually pretty much indifferent about the prisoner.. But as I continued to walk past them.. one stormcloak at a time.. it ate at me. I didn't want any trouble this early in the game.. I don't have the skills yet to fight the imperials.. but.. that poor guy.. Aw screw it. I slowed my walk to the prisoner and freed his bindings. Immediately the stormcloaks drew their weapons ready to kill! "Halt!" I took off running like a fox! They were catching up to me, right on my heels.. when in front of me grew a building into view, it was the meadry right outside of Whiterun! Gasping for breath but with a smile on my face I streaked up to the establishment and ducked inside slamming the door behind me and hoping to gawd that they wouldn't follow me in! The owner must have thought I was crazy rushing in out of breath and ducking behind the back of his bar! I waited there for quite a while. (refer to the screen shot above)

When they didn't follow me inside I straightened up from the crouch and began to relax, letting out a sigh of relief. I then realized where I was and decided to spend a few minutes looking around because i've never been in here before. I hummed to myself casually while I walked around.
 People didn't seem too friendly..

I found some sleeping quarters in the upper level and looked at all of the books and things they had laying around. They got some coins.. some apples and stuff.. hmm.. what's this?
Hahaha! XD Volume 2! I couldn't help but laugh, remembering this book from Oblivion. I took the few minutes to read it! I then carefully put it back on the night stand and strode off with a whistle, wondering which one of the people in this meadery is perverted enough to own it.

Eventually I made it to Whiterun just as the sun was setting.

Turns out this is not the correct city. Since it's night already I'll spend the night here and then head tomorrow out for Windhelm.

No comments:

Post a Comment