Friday, August 5, 2011

First Taste Of The Fighters Guild

I spent the next day BS'ing around the AU once again, just waisting time, sort of like taking a little vacation. I went on exploring all of the new places on the university grounds that i'd already been to and told you about... only to find one more new door I had missed before. It lead to some barracks, a prison and some vaults. Pictured above is one of these vaults, within which rested some really cool artifacts and priceless items for safe keeping. There were some alyeid crystals, Galerion's magic enchanting pedistals and spell making pedistals as well as these giant bones as you can see. I thought they looked really neat. I felt kind of bad for kicking them around by accident when I only meant to walk among them, though.

Remember the new druids spell I got? Well here is the result! I can now summon a will-o-wisp to help me light my path. It follows me around. It's like my new pet or friend!

Down in the crypts area they keep the most esteemed and important dead people safe, where they can be visited and revered for the deeds they had done when alive.

I found Hannibal Traven, who had sacraficed himself in that dark crystal so that I might smite volde..err..Mannimarco. I spent a couple of minutes paying tribute with a little bit of silence and remembering what he'd done. Standing by his tomb had a solemn air, yet peaceful.
Moving on from tomb to tomb I found other names I recognised, among many I didn't. Here is the famous Galerion. I spent a couple minutes here, too, just in thanks for all that he's done in the past.

On the way to the vaults area which I've already shown you, you pass a man who is seated just behind the vault gates like a secretary, or maybe guard. I'm not too sure what his job was but he looked official and I smiled appreciatively with a nod to him as I passed him to get in to the vaults. After the look around at the giant skulls and cool things, and after the visit to the tombs and such I left. On our way out I was passing the guy again, squeezing through the thin bars of the vault doors when I heard a thud.
I peered around Val and my wisp to find the vault man on the floor dead, most likely to disease. I "tsk tsk"'d, shaking my head. Such a sad thing that disease can be so wide spread, and left.
I don't dare check his corpse for loot because I had just given my last cure disease potion to Val.

I arrived back at the AU main building and sat a spell while I did some RL things. All the important people were around and it looked like one big family reunion, it was a little heart warming to see us all together again. Who would have thought the next arch mage of the AU would look like this? *referring to herself*

When I returned to the computer, Val and I set out to Anvil. I rode at a fast gallop the whole way on my tricorn, never stopping for anyone or anything. Basically, I hauled tail! I was ready for business!
I arrived and successfully joined the fighters guild. I had never joined the fighters guild before in all my time playing oblivion so this will be new for me. I was surprised at just how tiny the fighters guild seems to be compared to all of the mages guild buildings i've been in. There is a noticeable lack of warmth too.
My first task was to head over to this woman's house and help save her rats. It was reminiscent of the very first task I had done in Morrowind, too, which was also from the fighters guild, which was to kill some rats for this woman. I was amusedly surprised to find out this was the same woman who I had visited a while ago (you may remember) who had the rats in her basement as pets! I had a soft spot in my heart for this woman. So when I heard her cute rats were being killed I hurried immediately over!


I listened to her story with almost as much alarm as she had. I rushed down there immediately to do away with what ever was slaying them!

 Uh huh..

So it was a mountain lion all along! Aww... but it was starving... I feel sorry for the mountain lion, it was only trying to survive and I do love cats, too... but still, it has no right to kill the beloved pet of anyone! I returned to the woman and told her it was mountain lions and she seemed freaked out about it. I don't blame her. She asked that I talk to the local hunter so that he would go out and kill all of the mountain lions in the area. I thought that was a little bit of overkill.. but shrugged and went to do my duty.

The man, when met, said sure he'd do it but not without my help. I willingly accepted. Hey, more chances for target practice! He was like "ok, let's get hunting!" ... and then did nothing. I paced to the door a couple of times.. and still he didn't follow. "Okayyyy..." So I walked outside of his house to see if he would come outside with me, nothing. I went back in, he was still standing there. "aren't you comming?" Then he began moving toward the door! Excitedly I followed him ready to exit the house!... he sat down in the chair next to the door and proceeded to eat an apple.. OK! i exclaimed in annoyance.. IF you're not comming i'm going without you. I promptly left, shutting the door loudly behind me, and went in to the hills hunting for mountain lions by myself. Grumbling to myself about what an idiot he is.

I searched high and low and found no mountain lions.... until I came to a small hill after what seemed like an hour and found several of them, all starving, pacing in a single area. I felt really bad for them, but knew what my job was. It's my duty as a member of the fighters guild to fufill my contract. So, I easily fired off my staff and killed them all (with the help of Val...)

By the looks of things, rats aren't the only things these mountain lions have been eating... I wonder who this was. There were several piles of bones like these around.

On my way down the hill back toward the city of Anvil lo and behold who do I see walking toward me...
Ah... finally decided to join me have you? He had this to say, as if he did anything! And I just spat a few choice words at him then continued back to the woman's house with the news.
Upon returning she didn't even thank me, but seemed very angry. When I inquired what was wrong she informed me there was a mountain lion in her basement right now! I rushed hurridly down there in to save the remaining rats! I was successful and returned to the woman who then seemed very frightened. She accused another woman, an argonian woman, of sabotaging her rats. Said this woman had a thing out for her. Well, I sighed thinking "more drama between people.." and went out to follow this argonian woman, knowing it would come to this. I slipped on my invisibility ring (i'm privileged) so I wouldn't be seen.
At first she was just a normal woman about the town and wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary.. Then as she neared the rat woman's house she suddenly sunk into a crouching position.. Ah hah!

She dropped some meat by the hole in the woman's house. So THAT's how it is! I immediately slipped off the ring and ran up to the argonian woman catching her red handed! She quickly admitted to laying the meat there, but swore she didn't know anything about the mountain lions and was only trying to coax the rats out of the basement so they'd escape and run away. I don't know if I believe that, but figured it's not a huge crime to lay meat on the ground. I returned to the woman and told her, she payed me about 500 septims and my first fighters guild task was completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment