Thursday, August 11, 2011

Business 2

Well, life in the fighters guild has been going smoothly. I got promoted from doing contracts to duties, and referred to the head of the fighters guild in Chorrol. Most of the contracts were basically "go here, do this, come back." which has been a little repetative but very easy and quickly accomplished. That's why I haven't been writing much about them. The case with the rats was unique because of the reference to Morrowind and also my encounter with the rat lady early on. However, the rest of the cases have been boring.

My first duty in the fighters guild given to me by the head of the fighters guild in Chorrol was to figure out why a certain fighters guild member has not reported back with a journal he was supposed to fetch. He was sent to Skingrad, so that's where I was sent. I found him in the local inn and he expressed how scared he was to do the task given to him, because the journal was set in a very dangerous cave. I rolled my eyes, thinking this guys a jerk for joining a guild whose jobs he can't even do.. but played nice with him. I felt sorry because he did look a little bit like a wimp and expressed he has a family to think of. I offered to go get the journal for him "Look, do you want me to get the journal for you?" and he said yes. Thus, I did so.
One thing I found interesting about this task was the cave. Soon as I entered it I was greeted with this sight:
Now call me cruel, but I couldn't help but burst out giggling at this! I know this poor dude died from a rockslide, but it looks like the rock landed right on his crotch and everybody knows crotch shots are hilarious! Who doesn't laugh at the guy getting hit in the crotch :P maybe except for the guy himself. Mmmhmm.. dangerous cave I see. While I was aware of the cave trying to change my mind about just how dangerous it actually was, I still wasn't convinced. I continued on.
I encountered many foe's along the way but really the cave was no problem. The poor fighters guild member was a wimp after all. With a sigh I retrieved the crummy journal, having opened it to take a peek at just what was so valuable inside of it and found nothing of interest, and returned to the guild member, handing it to him. He accepted it with gratitude. Being the nice person I am I said I would tell the fighters guild in Chorrol that he did the task, not myself. He feigned indifference but I insisted I tell them he did it. Thus, I did.

My next duty was sending me to Leyawiin. On the way I stopped at Lake Rumare, the one sorrounding the IC like a giant moat, and swam in it for a little while searching for one of the very few slaughterfish in it. I needed the scales for the druid gods. Once I also get some imp gall I can return to the temple with my offerings in exchange for some new abilities. I did that, and continued south to Leyawiin, stopping in at Bravil for some skooma and a brief nights rest. Having spent the night in Bravil I recieved this message:
So, On my way back to the IC I have to stop in and make some more changes to the mages guild.

Some encounters on the way to Leyawiin:
 We were attacked by a wolf. Of course I could have easily killed it with my staff, but I noticed Val didn't have his weapon with him at the moment, and remembered I had it because I was going to get it fixed and recharged. I watched with amusement as Val took on the wolf bare handed. To my surprise and delight, and I was impressed, he killed the wolf with two punches! My he's strong!

Running at "full speed ahead!" Charge Charge Charge Charge! WOOHOO! Gallop Gallop Gallop Gallop.. the world is whizzing by!!!  Charge Charge Charge     STOP..... ...... ... .....wait for rabbit to cross road........ ........hum de dum.. ....... ..... ..... THEN CHARGE AGAIN!!!! WHOOOSH!



Wow, some peaceful guar! I haven't seen wild ones since Morrowind.  Cool!
I wondered what guar meat tastes like... so I zapped one intending to kill it... then I WAS MOBBED BY ALL OF THEM! AAAAHHH!! I was forced to flee with my health in jeopardy and a whole pack of guar chasing me down the road!
It must have looked hilarious to some passing guards and townies to see a big, buff, tall, heavily armed neko running full speed down the street terrified, followed by a whole pack of guar!
Val just stood there looking confused "duh...huh...?" He must be shaking his head thinking "tsk... Kittie and her silly antics.."


In Leyawiin I found that there were a few fighters guild members in one of the local inns creating some trouble. All of the townspeople were complainging about them. They said they had been breaking things and creating a rukkus. I spoke with them and they expressed they were angry because all of the jobs were being stolen by another company. I offered to find them some jobs, they didn't think I could but said if I did they would be impressed and stop causing trouble. I was referred to a woman in town which I went to, who said she could provide some jobs for them if I found her some ectoplasm.. so that's my next task. Ectoplasm ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment