Saturday, August 13, 2011

Another Day Another Septim

I knew just where to get ectoplasm! Every local chapel has crypts in the basement of it, and there are always ghosts down there! Val and I boldly charged down into the crypts of the local chapel and successfully found many spirits! We went to town blasting each one of them, they were plentiful! It was great fun watching Val have fun swinging his sword on them and me blasting them with my staff! We were ducking behind pillars to not get blasted ourselves and running all over the crypt dodging the ghosts magicks! Don't get me wrong, it was all fun but it wasn't easy. I was thankful to have my restore health spell which kept me very safe, but without it I would have been dead in two blasts if not just one from one of them ghosts! Val got knocked down many times, and by the time we were finished he was plum out of breath! In the end I successfully harvested ectoplasm from the many ghostly bodies strewn around.. and upon looking down a dark hallway found a ghost that had just spotted me that hadn't been got yet! I had plenty of ectoplasm, even one extra, so my intentions to flee were greater than fight, and thinking I would just get out of there real fast I did flee, with val tailing right behind!
We stopped just inside the chapel to catch our breaths and sort things out when I see priests rushing past me to the crypt doors! I spin around to find the ghost has followed! And watched with baited breath to see who would win the fight.


I believe a total of two priests faught the ghost, and as you can see one of them died. The other fled before he succumbed to the ghost and because Val and I were in no condition to fight any more we fled the chapel too!

I thought we would be safe, surely it wouldn't follow us outside. But it did! As the fight spilled out into the streets people ran in panic! And a guard rushed forth to slaughter the minion! After a long, interesting battle (I wish I had my popcorn) the ghost finally was killed and the guard walked away humphing. I hurried back to the woman who wanted the ectoplasm, handed it successfully to her, and recieved a thanks. She then told me to relay the message to the fighters guild members that she could provide them with an ingredient gathering job (ogres teeth and minotaur horns) which I did, they were pleased, and all was right in the world again.

The head of the guild told me that he had no more duties for me, and to go to Cheydinhal for more. So it was off to Cheydinhal! Along the way I saw some interesting sights:
 I found in the middle of the road a neat pile of dead wolves. Why? I don't know. Highly unusual.


Upon stopping in Bravil to get some skooma I saw a beautiful sight of one of the two moons.


When I reached Cheydinhal and spoke to the head guild person there I was told my next duty was to check on some woman in the town "waters edge" (which is a cozy little town I love because of how homey it feels). This town is in between Bravil and Leyawiin. That meant I had a long trek all the way back to the south to make, which was slightly frustrating, but that's life. I decided to spend the night in Cheydinhal and have a fresh and early start the next morning. I spent the rest of my day with Val relaxing at the local inn.
Some snapshots of my day in the inn:

 Woo.. look at the muscles on those shoulders. I wish I could look similar IRL. That's a real warrior there. :P


 Basking in the warm glow of the sunset through the windows.


Aww.. thanks Val n.n So sweet.

The long trip down the road to Leyawiin was not without it's interesting sights either. Along the way I spotted a heavily armed, trained guard fighting with a will-o-whisp... and chuckled!
What's that guard think he's doing?! Does he think he's actually going to kill it? Then I felt sorry for him, because he's going to end up dead in a minute or two. Interested, and also knowing i'll have some new armor in a minute, I watched....

Then from behind me another guard joined in! This was epic! XD

Aaaaaand... first guard down!

Second guard down!
Just as I predicted.. my tricorn went over to make sure they were surely dead before I approached. The whips went off to live it's life in peace while I walked over and looted the bodies. I didn't get but a couple of swords and curasses though.

Along the way accross the bridge I got stopped by my old friend the bandit khajiit.
When asked to hand over my money, I told him I was the arch mage now. "do you know who you're talking to? I'm the arch mage!"

Thank you.. oh and one minute. You owe me some money. He happily handed over 100 septims (S'why I don't mind getting stopped by him.) and went on his way.

I reached Bravil and stopped in for the night since it was getting dusk (I have enough skooma, and I don't have any money to buy more) and decided to relax the rest of the night before turning in. I took a small tour of the town.
 What in the world...?


I didn't know they had a gallows here.. Neat. Poor guy though, I wonder what he did wrong..

While I was staying there I recieved a note from somebody that read this:

Interesting! Well that's good! I feel much better now that the mages guild in Bruma is no longer smoldering in a pit of flames! And my favorite khajiit from there, J'skar, is head of that guild! That's wonderful news! I went to bed that night overjoyed.

The next morning we set out for Waters Edge. The ride was a very peaceful one. When we reached the town and spoke with the woman she expressed she needed some armor from her family tomb a few miles away to sell, so that she can pay off a debt she owes. I agreed to do it reluctantly. That's my next job.

Now, something interesting a random person said to me on the road:
Eh.. word gets around I guess... I wonder what it is that i've done to give me this reputation with him..

No comments:

Post a Comment