Saturday, September 15, 2012

Death To The Emperor

The nightmother has told me to meet Amaund again to see where the real location of the emperor is. I did so and he was very surprised to see me! Yet he was also very happy to hear that the DB would still be willing to carry out the contract after it's near extinction. I consider this a level of professionalism because.. this is what we do! Turns out the real location is on a ship parked right outside of Solitude.



I just had to share the view on the way to Solitude. The beautiful sky, I just couldn't resist the little group of clouds on the horizon like fluffs of whipped cream. I chose to take a cart to Solitude to enjoy such beautiful views and it pays off! I sometimes wonder if Shadowmere gets jealous though.


Amaund also gave me the option of killing the soldier that had ambushed me, I didn't really want to, after all he was just avenging his son... however I followed the cursor that I thought was taking me to the emperor and found myself smack dab face to face with Maro! "Shoot!" I cursed to myself and my first choice was to turn and run, but he had me! I couldn't get away! It was either his life or mine, and I valued mine too much. So here's an upskirt shot of maro.

Another scenic shot of the sky on the way to the ship:

There it is... I saw the great ship in the distance. Well, only thing left to do here is to take a deep breath and dive in.

Unfortunately a game bug reared it's ugly head and prevented me from taking any screen shots or even playing the fun "sneaking around" part I was really looking forward to! As soon as I entered the ship the whole screen went black, and I couldn't see anything except the cursor. I would have been stuck if I weren't able to TCL and cheat my way through walls and who knows what else I was walking through to get to the emperor's chamber doors. But, luckily I was able, and I did.

 He was not surprised to see me... and after killing him I learned why:

Apparently he had been doing some research on the DB because there on his desk lies a book all about us. I was very tempted to keep it, but thought I would never read it or anything anyway so I left it be.
Only 3 soldiers got killed during the whole thing which is a record for me. I was able to escape silently into the night ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment