Thursday, June 28, 2012

Here Be Dragons

I found myself attracted to a bandit filled fort and entered, mostly to find a nice bed to sleep in for the night and maybe some good loot. I slayed each one by one until the fort was secure and safe for me then started going through their things.


I found a strange, white ball in one of the bandit's chests and as soon as I picked it up, a daedra spoke to me.

Ah, Meridia's beacon.. I remember this. We'll do that later.

By the time I had looted everything I wanted that would have a good selling price I was massively over encumbered. It was a long time to slooowly walk out of the cave.
I decided to do the bonus contract and kill the person that resides in Windhelm. I figured I might as well since it's not too far away from me. Unfortunately that would mean a long, grueling, slow trip to the city with me unable to run or dodge any enemies that decided to come. I kept thinking to myself the whole way "I must be crazy!". I guess i'm just too unwilling to part with my loot.

I expected enemies sure.. In fact I wasn't surprised when a couple of wolves decided to provide me with a challenge. They weren't too much of a match. But bad luck struck when I heard a dragon roar over head. I was hoping to gawd that it would just fly by, or circle around some.. but when it began to swoop over me I knew I had been spotted and I was no match for it!

Desperateness I huffed and puffed and began to sweat bullets as I slowly clawed my way over the snowy land! I was a goner for sure if I didn't find some shelter, like, right now! The only thing that provided me any comfort was the idea that I might have a chance in the river! I clawed my way to the rivers edge and jumped in! The dragon was roaring, circling and firing fire at me the whole time!

I was gasping and sputtering as I let the currents wash me over the edge of a drop! I didn't know if there were any jagged rocks below that my body would smash against, but knowing staying meant certain death at the breath of a dragon I took my chances and welcomed the icy cold waters at the bottom of the watterfall! It was a hard landing indeed since the water there was only waist deep, but I survived and clawed my way to rest against the stone underneath the bridge!
 As you can see my health is very low. I just stood there gasping for breath while hearing the dragon swooping repeatedly over the bridge, looking for me. He knew I was there.. the ground shook each time he made a pass.

After a few minutes I caught up to my breath and creeped over to the edge of the opening to peer out. I saw him swooping over the bridge time and time again, trying to get at me! I stood there and watched while praying for him to get bored and fly away.


But then he descended, facing right at me! I guess I had gotten too close to the opening!
And I died.

The next time I reloaded my save game it was before the dragon appeared. I jumped into the river right away and floated away before I even had a chance to encounter him again. I consider myself lucky.

I arrived at and entered Windhelm and spent the night since by the time I arrived it was already well past dusk. The next morning I set out into a rainy world to find the woman I was supposed to kill... only to be met by a giant SWOOP above my head. I looked up and saw this:
 ANOTHER dragon! What the?! Can't I get a break!?

I ran and hid against the walls of the inn building and waited for the townspeople to kill it for me.


Then I collected it's soul. I was very lucky this dragon chose to attack where I would have lots of help and shelter.


While in Windhelm I finally caved and spent some money on a horse. It'll probably be dead soon, but it'll be handy until then.


I visited the local alchemy shop to sell some potions I had made and also my dragon bones. This guy isn't looking too well.


With everything else taken care of I followed my next victim until there was noone around, then slit her throat. She never knew I was there.
Job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment