Monday, October 1, 2012

Surprise!

 At a camp in the volcanic hot springs of Eastmarch. I was on my way to Riften when I became overwhelmed by the attack of a large beast. (You can just barely see it there in the distance. It looks small because it's so far away.) I wasn't really in danger of dieing, but it was extremely annoying to have it attacking my hose while I rode it and it didn't seem to have any urge to let up any time soon. With a growl of frustration I rode Shadowmere right into the camp, and was surprised to find it full of naked people who were enjoying the hot spring! I just laughed to myself and thought "This aughta be interesting." as I watched the naked people run out with their fists up in preparation of fending off this beast. Luckily for them it wouldn't cross the hotspring water.


At riften the sky cast a beautiful scene in front of me of Riften. I just wanted to share it. As always, click to expand for a better view, all of the scenery looks better when bigger!


After the DB quests I decided to pick a random misc. quest from my journal instead of another big one. I decided it would be a nice break from all of the running and drama. I decided to locate a couple of weapons of some sort of power. I found the dragurs and draugr lords quite challenging and mostly killed them with my leech life shout.


After that quest I picked another small one, to locate a weapon called grimsever. The constructs proved extremely challenging and I died many times. My survival mostly depended on sending Cicero out in front of me to attack while I hid in the shadows.




Yep, there was a lot of Cicero attacking things. But I got my sneak attack skills up!

The dwemer ruins extended far below the surface into a giant cave of some kind filled with falmer, much to my dismay.

 These'll come in handy!


And finally, in the room with grimsever was it's guardian, a giant construct. One blast of steam and I was dead. It got me a couple of times, forcing me to reload a save, but eventually with the help of Cicero I was able to kill it with leech life shouts.
And finally, I see the sky! I was so grateful to finally be on the surface again! It was in the middle of the night but there was no where to sleep so I headed to the nearest town, Whiterun.



By the time I arrived it was already morning and I was exhausted. There would be time to sleep later. I had a plan to meet someone here. I sent Cicero home to the sanctuary.



Surprise! Meet my new and probably permanent companion: Kat. There were two nekos roaming around the stables area just waiting for someone to join up with. I chose the black and white one because I think it's cuter. They speak with Khajiit voices. Their skills aren't very good at the moment but i'm hoping they will improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment